Thank you to Zeynep Ozden for hosting our last MBF meeting Tea Coffee on 26th July (photos attached).
Also, some photos attached of another fantastic ‘Super Hero Day’ held on Sat 28th July in Mexborough. Huge thanks to all who made the day a huge success especially Sentinel Squad UK & to Stelrad for their financial support.
Just a reminder that the next Mexborough Business Forum will take place at Constant Security Services on Thu 4th Oct at 4pm. Thanks to Adam Lee and Mick Lee for hosting us again. Refreshments will be provided.
On the agenda on Thu will be –
- Urban Town Centre Masterplan for Mexborough (brief and timescales)
- Doncaster Council Local Plan (currently under consultation until Fri 26th Oct 2018 ) –
- Christmas Event/Lights Switch-on – Sat 8th December (update from MECi & MBF sub-group)
- Current HS2 situation including recently announced Phase 2B parliamentary 12 month delay and Parkway Station progress
- Enterprise Champions/Opportunity Area/Raising Aspiration for local Young People – discuss effectiveness of current approach and lack of action/movement in nailing down Work Placement/Career opportunities for local young people in conjunction with Mexborough Academy and community/business partners
- Recent sale of Mexborough Resource Centre by Mexborough Community Partnership and future plans for the building (update from Pete Newman Mexborough Business Centre )
- Business updates/events
Look forward to seeing regular attendees and new businesses (who are most welcome) on Thu afternoon.